Access via web browser to Webex dashboard: https://kuni-linz.webex.com
Sign-up process (create new account)
Only active personell of the university are eligible for an user account, which is necessary to create a meeting (as host). To participate in a meeting (as guest) you don't need to have an account! Please beware: Cisco Webex also offers free user accounts with limited functions, however for unlimited access you need an user account of the university.
If you would like to request a new user account please write an e-mail containing your full name, personell-no. and UFG e-mail-address to firstname.lastname@example.org
After your account has been created by our staff, you will receive an e-mail containing a registration link, please open the link in a web browser by clicking on it. Then set the password for your Webex account by simply following the instructions on screen.
• To login use the credentials (UFG e-mail-adress and password) you set during the account creation process.
• Guests don't need an individual Webex account, they can be invited via e-mail by the host. The host can edit the meeting details in the Webex dashboard. Please beware: The meeting password is not the same as your individual account password!
• When the meeting is due, simply click the link in the invitation e-mail or the calender entry to access the meeting. As a guest you are prompted to enter your name and e-mail-address, in order for the host do identify you. If a meeting password is required, please ask the host.
Lost password? Refer to paragraph "Webex": https://ufg.at/Zugangsdaten.16544.0.html
Range of functions
• Video conferences with up to 250 participants (audio + video) plus up to 500 participants just audio.
• Sharing and viewing of files (PDF, PowerPoint …) or the whole monitor or just one application.
• Meetings can be launched immediately (personal room) or can be scheduled.
• Options to: record meetings and chats, polling, breakout sessions, transcriptions of recorded meetings (english only).
• Can be used in web browser (plugin installation required) or download and install the standalone "Webex Meetings desktop app" (recommended).
• Add-ons available for integration in Microsoft Outlook or others.
• Additional tools for online collaboration: Webex Training, Webex Events
This is not an alternative to Webex but is meant to complement it, especially for people without Webex user account.
• not required
• invitation to an existing room: Login-credentials are set by the creator of the meeting room and can be used to invite others.
Range of functions
• Simple and quick communication without the need for an user account
• Invite anyone by sharing the URL and password.
• Other options: Live chat; share your desktop or just one application; live streaming and recording.
• Reduce background noise and use a headset (speaker-microphone-combination) or a clip-on microphone (Lavalier microphone). Those usually offer a better recording quality when compared to integrated hardware.
• Use a wired internet connection or at least make sure that the wireless connection is as stable as possible (reduce distance and obstructions between your device and the wifi router or cell tower).
• Ask other users of the same internet connection to quit acitivities with high bandwidth consumption, like up- and downloads, streaming of movies or videos, online-gaming.
• On your own device close unused programs which access the internet.
• If available use the QoS (quality of service) function of your router, which allows to prioritize certain applications (in this case the meeting-software. For further instructions please refer to the manual of your router.